The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow live with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Bayern Munich tracking Pickford
Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford looks set to be England’s No. 1 at the World Cup this month, and if reports are to believed then Bayern Munich could be watching very closely.
According to The Sun, Bayern are concerned about the long-term future of Manuel Neuer, who made his return from an injury-ravaged season in Germany’s defeat to Austria on Saturday.
Pickford, who joined Everton from Sunderland in a deal worth up to £30 million last summer, has emerged as a top target after high-profile errors from Sven Ulreich, deputising for Neuer, in the Champions League.
However, Everton would reportedly look to double their money should Bayern come knocking. It’s going to take an impressive World Cup to tempt the Bundesliga champions into that kind of outlay.
Neuer hasn’t played for Bayern since last September, but at least he does now have his gloves back on for Germany.
12.10 BST: A deal for Manchester United’s Matteo Darmian to join Juventus is being held up by an “Everest” transfer fee demanded by the Red Devils, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
ESPN FC reported on Friday that the fee was yet to be agreed between the sides.
11.45 BST: France Football say that talks are ongoing between Monaco and Huddersfield over the permanent transfer of Terence Kongolo.
11.25 BST: Over on the continent, Marseille have made a €20 million offer for Fiorentina midfielder Jordan Veretout, according to footmercato.net.
Citing Italian media, the website says the UEFA Europa League runners-up would like to bring the 25-year-old French midfielder back to Ligue 1 after he scored ten goals in 38 Serie A encounters last season.
11.05 BST: Sokratis Papastathopoulos will have his Arsenal medical this week ahead of his transfer from Borussia Dortmund, Kicker say.
10.35 BST: Big news coming from AS, who claim that Antoine Griezmann has told Atletico Madrid he will stay at the club and not move to Barcelona.
The report also says that Diego Simeone’s side may have to sell goalkeeper Jan Oblak to Liverpool or Arsenal to raise finances, which will then be spent on Monaco’s Thomas Lemar.
10.30 BST: Andre Silva could leave AC Milan to join Monaco if Radamel Falcao makes the journey in the opposite direction, RMC reports.
Silva, 22, did not impress for the Rossoneri last season, and has also been linked with a move to Huddersfield.
10.20 BST: Time for your Sporting fix. Chaos has ensued at the Portuguese club this past month, leading to club icon Rui Patricio asking for his contract to be terminated last week.
The goalkeeper was set for a €18 million move to Wolves before Jorge Mendes and Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho squabbled.
According to Record, Wolves were set to pay the transfer in four installments, before Sporting thought they could receive all that money upfront.
A clause prohibiting the Midland club from selling to either Porto or Benfica was also in the deal, but now no one is sure whether one will materialise.
10.00 BST: Joao Mario has left the door ajar for a return to West Ham.
The Portugal international told Gazzetta dello Sport that it would be “pointless” to return to Inter for preseason training, and cited Manuel Pellegrini’s side as a possible destination.
09.45 BST: One man who is not going anywhere is Samuel Umtiti…
— FC Barcelona 🏆🏆 (@FCBarcelona) June 4, 2018
09.35 BST: Sky in Italy are reporting that Emre Can has agreed a four-year deal with Juventus and will have a medical this week to complete his free transfer from Liverpool.
09.33 BST: We may all dream of a team of John O’Shea’s but appears to be Reading who are going to land the man himself from Sunderland, according to the Irish Independent.
09.12 BST: Brazil and Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred admitted “I still do not know where I am going” when asked about reports of him heading to Manchester United for a medical, as quoted by the Evening Standard.
08.56 BST: We’ve already heard from Sergio Ramos and Casemiro on how much they would like to see PSG’s Neymar at Real Madrid. Now Luka Modric has smiled and said: “We’ll see what happens.” It’s going to be a long summer.
08.36 BST: Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches could return to Benfica on a one-year loan deal if the clubs can agree terms. Kicker, citing reports in Portugal newspaper A Bola, says Bayern have not given up on Euro 2016’s Young Player of the Tournament and believe a return to his homeland could get his career back on track.
08.00 BST: The World Cup may be a mere 10 days away, but that doesn’t stop the transfer treadmill! Stick with us throughout the day for the latest developments.
PAPER ROUND: Reds must wait on Fekir deal
Excited reports in France may have indicated that Liverpool were on the verge of wrapping up a move for Lyon midfielder Nabil Fekir — but the Liverpool Echo says there is a little way to go before that happens.
Fekir is thought likely to cost the Champions League finalists around £60 million, and reports had suggested he and his agent were due to arrive in Liverpool to talk terms.
But the Echo says “such a claim is premature, with the club not anticipating any such significant movement this weekend.”
Liverpool have scouted France international Fekir throughout a season in which he scored 23 goals in all competitions — form that has also seen him being linked with Atletico Madrid and Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
However, the Merseysiders are reported to remain hopeful that a deal can be done before the World Cup.
United on brink of wrapping up Fred move
Fred could be a Manchester United player by Tuesday, the Manchester Evening News reports.
The Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder’s representatives have flown to the UK “to put the final touches on a £52m deal,” with a medical set to take place soon.
The Evening News reports that talks “are expected to be a formality before the 25-year-old signs a four-year contract with the option of another 12 months.”
Manager Jose Mourinho wants the Fred deal to be done quickly — so does his Brazil boss Tite — as he begins a busy summer of transfer business.
He still intends to add further midfield reinforcements, with Paris Saint-Germain’s Marco Verratti and Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the frame, while up to three new defenders are on the way.
Everton track Lascelles amid Newcastle ‘uncertainty’
New Everton boss Marco Silva is wasting little time in planning a revamp of his squad, according to the Sun, which reports that he “is set to take advantage of uncertainty at Newcastle with a £30m bid for defender Jamaal Lascelles.”
It says Silva sees centre-back Lascelles as “a long-term partner for Michael Keane, with Ashley Williams and Phil Jagielka getting towards the end of their careers.”
And with the Newcastle future of manager Rafa Benitez still unclear, the Sun adds that Lascelles “is among the players who may look at their future.”
Liverpool have also tracked the 24-year-old, who has been praised by Benitez for a succession of high-quality performances last season.
Meanwhile, Sky Sports reports that Turkish club Besiktas are interested in Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen, who has struggled to break through since moving to Goodison Park last summer.
It says Besiktas could try to sign Klaassen, who rejected a short-term move to Napoli in the winter, on an initial loan deal.
— Newcastle are among the early favourites to sign striker Abel Hernandez after he confirmed that he will leave Hull when his contract runs out in the summer.
The Chronicle reports that Uruguay international Hernandez is among the targets on a Newcastle list of up to 50 potential attacking reinforcements.
— Striker Benik Afobe may have joined Wolves only a couple of days ago — but he could be on his way to Stoke almost immediately, according to the Sun.
It says Wolves, who paid £12.5m to make last season’s loan deal from Bournemouth permanent, “are weighing up whether to sell for him for a profit immediately.”